Here are the 2019 Chico Vegan potluck dates–generally the 4th Saturday of the month.
Potlucks are held at the Chico Library Community Room at 1108 Sherman Avenue in Chico and will start promptly at 6 pm and run through 7:30 pm, except where noted.
Please be timely — we set up the food and everyone starts eating at the same time.
Bookmark this page for updates as to the monthly theme.
The motto of Chico Vegan Potluck is simple: You don’t have to be vegan, but the food does!
1/26 – OPTIONAL THEME: New Year, New Recipe
2/23 – OPTIONAL THEME: TBD
3/23 – OPTIONAL THEME: TBD
4/27 – OPTIONAL THEME: TBD
5/25 – OPTIONAL THEME: TBD
6/22 – OPTIONAL THEME: TBD
7/27 – OPTIONAL THEME: TBD
8/24 – OPTIONAL THEME: TBD
9/28 – OPTIONAL THEME: TBD
10/26 – OPTIONAL THEME: TBD
11/17 – Chico Vegan Pre-Thanksgiving Potluck
12/28 – OPTIONAL THEME: TBD
The average potluck attendance is at least 25 people – newbie vegans, long-time vegans, young, old, and in-between, as well as singles and not-singles. The potlucks are promoted through Chico Vegan Meetup and the Chico Vegan Facebook group, as well as from this site. Join those groups for more information and support on the vegan-friendly goings-on in the Chico area.
A few guidelines:
- Bring a 100% plant-based dish free of flesh, eggs, animal-derived dairy, honey, and gelatin.
- If you don’t cook, that’s okay — bring something from the store!
- Check the resource pages at chicovegan.com for Chico area vegan-friendly stores.
- Your dish should serve 6 people.
- Please bring a copy of your recipe or a list of the ingredients used (for the benefit of those with food allergies) with your name on it.
- Please bring your own table service, and serving utensils. We have spares available if you forget!
- Please do not bring soup – we have no bowls and are concerned about spills.
- Please bring your own beverages.
- Non-veg friends welcome! Children welcome!
- Sorry, no dogs. No alcohol.
Be different. Be better. Be kind. Go vegan!
If you have any questions, please use the “contact” link or post a comment below.
Also, be sure to tune in to Nonhuman Radio every Wednesday from 5:30-6 pm on KZFR 90.1 FM for the weekly calendar of local vegan-friendly events.